Hard Rock Live Like A Legend
$2 Million GiveawayOFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO ARE, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Hard Rock Live Like A Legend $2 Million Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 29, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 29, 2020.
- ELIGIBILITY:To be eligible to enter and win prizes in the Sweepstakes, you must, at the time of entry, a) be a permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; b) be 21 years of age or older; and c) be physically located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the above geographic areas and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc. (“Sponsor”), Sid Lee USA Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), and the parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and franchisees of each, and their advertising and sweepstakes agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:
To enter: Visit www.hardrock.com (the “Hard Rock Website”), complete the online entry form in its entirety (including all mandatory information), and submit the online entry form in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Sweepstakes Period. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and per email address per day. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 29, 2020. Any use of automated, robotic, macro, programmed or similar quick-entry programs, attempts to exceed the maximum number of entries permitted, or use of more than one email account per entrant, is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES:
- A Sweepstakes entry that is incomplete or does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Administrator will verify or acknowledge receipt of entries, nor correspond regarding receipt of entries. Entries can only be accepted in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Official Rules. Neither Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Administrator will accept entries submitted in any other manner. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- An “entrant” is defined as the person assigned the email account used to submit the Sweepstakes entry at the Hard Rock Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant using an email account, the entrant will be deemed to be the person associated with such account, as determined by the applicable email account provider. When you participate in the Sweepstakes via a mobile device and/or download or transmit data via your mobile device, data and messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
- SELECTION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS: On or about March 6, 2020 the Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner (once confirmed, the “Grand Prize Winner”), thirty-five (35) potential Second Prize winners (once confirmed, each a “Second Prize Winner”), one hundred twenty-five thousand (125,000) Third Prize winners (once confirmed, each a “Third Prize Winner”), and five (5) potential Fourth Prize winners (once confirmed, each a “Fourth Prize Winner”) from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The confirmed eligible Grand Prize Winner, and confirmed eligible Second Prize Winners, Third Prize Winners, and Fourth Prize Winners are collectively referred to herein as “Prize Winners”. The odds of being declared a Prize Winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are final and binding in all respects relating to the selection of the Prize Winners and all other aspects of this Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one Prize award per eligible entrant and per email address except that First, Second and Fourth Prize Winners are also eligible to win a Third Prize.
- NOTIFICATION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified on or about March 26, 2020, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with the Official Rules. Each potential winner will be notified via a telephone call or email at Sweepstakes Administrator’s sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes Administrator attempts to contact a potential Prize Winner via telephone and cannot engage in a live conversation with the potential Prize Winner within seventy-two (72) hours from the first notification attempt, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected via a random drawing. Although the Sweepstakes Administrator may, in its sole discretion, choose to leave a message or messages on such potential Prize Winner’s voicemail service or answering machine, such messages are solely to facilitate live contact within the seventy-two (72) hour period and do not constitute a “live conversation” for purposes of these Official Rules. If the Sweepstakes Administrator attempts to contact a potential Prize Winner via email, then the potential Prize Winner must respond to such email, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the email or such person may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected via a random drawing. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES:
One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of a Live Like JLO Experience, which includes a trip for two to Hollywood, Florida. Trip consists of round-trip first-class air transportation for two (2) persons from the major U.S. airport gateway nearest to the Grand Prize winner’s residence to Fort Lauderdale, FL; four (4) nights hotel accommodations in the High-Roller Suite at the Hard Rock Guitar Hotel in Hollywood, FL (double occupancy); two (2) days lounging in your private cabana at the Bora Bora lagoon at the Hard Rock Guitar Hotel in Hollywood, FL (with a personal plunge pool and butler included); round-trip VIP car service between airport and hotel; US$2,500 resort credit at the Hard Rock Guitar Hotel in Hollywood, FL (good for spa treatments, shopping in the resort and dining at over 10 unique restaurants and bars in the resort); one (1) pink electric guitar signed by Jennifer Lopez, and US$25,000 in cash. All elements of the Grand Prize trip are subject to availability. All travel must be completed by April 1, 2021. Blackout periods may apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is US$100,000. The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending upon the location of the Grand Prize Winner’s residence, fares and costs at the time of travel booking and the value of services rendered, and products provided at the time of the travel. To be awarded the Grand Prize, the potential Winner must accept all elements of the Grand Prize. A potential Winner’s failure to accept all elements of the Grand Prize within the time designated by Sponsor will result in the disqualification of the potential Winner. In such instance an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Thirty-Five (35) Second Prizes: Each Second Prize consists of a trip for two at a participating Hard Rock Hotel and Resort around the globe to be randomly selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Trip includes a minimum of three (3) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy) and food and beverage credit at the Hard Rock Hotel selected by Sponsor, all valued at least US$2,000; US$2,000 gift card for airfare, transfers and other activities; Airfare is not included. All elements of the Second Prize trip are subject to availability All travel must be completed by April 1, 2021. Blackout periods may apply. ARV of each Second Prize is US$4,000. The actual value of the Second Prize may vary depending upon the location of the hotel destination selected by Sponsor, the costs at the time of travel booking, and the value of services rendered and products provided at the time of the travel. To be awarded a Second Prize, the potential Winner must accept all elements of the Second Prize. A potential Winner’s failure to accept all elements of the Second Prize within the time designated by Sponsor will result in the disqualification of the potential Winner. In such instance an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
One Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand (125,000) Third Prizes: Each Third Prize consists of one (1) electronic gift certificate redeemable for one (1) Original Legendary® Burger at participating Hard Rock locations within the United States until December 31, 2020. ARV of each Third Prize is US$16.93. No additional purchase is required. In the event less than 125,000 eligible entries are received, then the total Third Prizes to be awarded will be limited to the total number of eligible entries received.
Five (5) Fourth Prizes: Each Fourth Prize consists of (a) one (1) pink electric guitar signed by Jennifer Lopez, one (1) portable guitar amplifier, and one (1) set of over-ear premium acoustic headphones. ARV of each Fourth Prize is US$1500.
Total ARV of all prizes is US$2,363,750. The actual value of each prize may vary. Any difference between the actual value and ARV will not be awarded. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that autographed prizes can be sold, bartered, or traded for at the stated values. Values are subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate. Autographs are subject to celebrity’s availability. Allow 4-6 weeks from each potential Prize Winner’s return of the Affidavit/Release (as described below) for delivery of each Fourth Prize awarded. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
For Prizes Involving Travel: All meals, taxes, gratuities, incidentals (including mini-bar and entertainment expenses), phone charges, air and ground transportation, and any other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including but not limited to providing a major credit card for incidental expenses. The Prize Winner is responsible for transportation to and from the major U.S. airport gateway and his/her residence, including but not limited to any costs associated therewith. The Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must complete travel by the date(s) specified above and must both travel on the same itinerary. If the Prize Winner cannot travel by such date(s), he/she may be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner may be selected via a random drawing. The Prize Winner must arrange travel with Sponsor’s agent at least forty-five (45) days in advance of travel. The travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations (with respect to travel or otherwise), delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever by Prize Winner, his/her travel companions or any third parties with respect to the Prizes including travel. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
- RELEASES/TAXES: Before a potential Prize Winner is deemed an official winner, he/she will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release in a form provided by Sweepstakes Administrator. All such releases are collectively referred to herein as the “Affidavit/Release”. Signed copies of the Affidavit/Release must be returned by the date noted on the form. If signed copies of each Affidavit/Release are not returned within that time, or if a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if a potential Prize Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then such potential Prize Winner may be disqualified. If prizes or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, then such potential Prize Winners may be subject to disqualification. All federal, state and other tax liabilities (including income taxes and withholding taxes) arising from each Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each corresponding Prize Winner. The award of each Prize with an ARV exceeding Six Hundred United States Dollars (US$600) will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”), as required by U.S. law using an IRS form 1099 and/or such other form(s) as are required by federal law. If applicable, Sponsor shall also report any winnings as required by applicable state law(s) using such form(s) as are required by applicable state law. Each Winner subject to any such reporting requirements agrees that the ARV assigned to each Prize herein and to be reported to the taxing authority is reasonable, and agrees not to dispute the amount of the ARV assigned to such Prize. In the event Sponsor is required by law to withhold U.S. federal or state withholding tax from any Prize awarded (and pay such amount directly to the IRS or a state taxing authority), then Sponsor shall withhold any such amount and make such payment to the IRS and/or taxing authority to the extent sufficient cash is awarded as part of such Prize. In that instance, if there is not sufficient cash available as part of the awarded prize to pay the entire withholding taxes required, then the Prize Winner shall be required to provide Sponsor with the funds sufficient to pay the required withholding taxes before the Prize Winner may receive the Prize. If the Prize Winner in that instance fails to provide Sponsor with funds sufficient to pay the required withholding taxes within the deadline established by Sponsor, then the Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant and each Prize Winner agrees that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right to use, copy, distribute, publicize, reproduce, publish, and publicly display the entrant’s or Prize Winner’s (as applicable) name, address (city and state), biographical information, statements, voice, photograph and other likeness, in whole or in part, in any and all media either now or hereafter known, in perpetuity throughout the universe for all purposes (including but not limited to promotional and marketing purposes, and for advertising, publicizing and promoting the products and services offered by Sponsor), in connection to this Sweepstakes without notification and without attribution or compensation of any kind to entrant or any third party. Accordingly, Sponsor shall also have the right to use such materials in connection with commercials, advertisements and promotions related to Sponsor, including viral campaigns, video and audio compilations, the sales of products and services offered by Sponsor, the Sweepstakes and any other sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by or associated with Sponsor, in any and all media, now or hereafter known, including but not limited to, all forms of television distribution, theatrical advertisements, radio, the Internet (including social media), newspapers, magazines, and billboards, and may alter, amend, edit, modify, or crop such materials in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any such materials, or to otherwise exploit any such materials or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any such materials for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrant shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- DISQUALIFICATION: If an entrant or potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then such entrant will be disqualified. If a prize, prize documentation or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, this will result in disqualification. In the event an entrant is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason under the provisions of the Official Rules, then an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor (including, without limitation, the Affidavit/Release) and by the decisions of the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Sweepstakes, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor (including, without limitation, the Affidavit/Release); (b) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities (including but not limited to the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator), and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor (including, without limitation, the Affidavit/Release), or any Prize Winner’s failure to pay applicable taxes on a prize; and, (c) not to sue and to hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, waive and forever discharge the Released Parties, from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to (i) personal injury (including death) and/or damage, theft, loss or any other harm resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity; (ii) the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes; (iii) the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the entrant’s name, address [city and state], biographical information, statements, voice, photograph and/or other likeness); and (iv) any libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, infringement of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or violation of any other right related to the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall not be liable for failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder resulting directly or indirectly from or contributed to by any acts of God, acts of an entrant, acts of civil or military authority, war, riot, terrorism or terrorist threats, fire, earthquakes, accidents, floods, epidemics, delays in transportation, lack of electricity, or other circumstances beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, whether similar or dissimilar to the foregoing.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for illegible, garbled, corrupted, damaged, lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete Sweepstakes Entries, whether due to system errors, human errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications, or other types of malfunctions or interferences, and/or for entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system or human errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or as a result of any other error or problem of any kind relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, whether technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection, processing and tallying of entries, the retention of entries, the announcement of a prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of social media platforms.
- TERMINATION / SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION OF SWEEPSTAKES: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and to randomly select the winners from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY HARM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is subject solely to the applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States; provided, however, that except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state courts located in the State of Florida; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- RULES/WINNER’S INFORMATION: The Official Rules of the Sweepstakes are available for viewing at www.hardrock.com from February 1, 2020 – February 29, 2020. To receive a list of the winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 15, 2020 to: Hard Rock Live Like A Legend $2 Million Giveaway, 3585 Hayden Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List.” Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc., 5701 Stirling Road, Davie, FL 33314.
- SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: Sid Lee USA Inc., 3585 Hayden Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.